Your blood has an army that attacks viruses, and stops you from getting sick (anti-bodies). These anti-bodies are not supposed to attack your body (immunity). In MS, your anti-bodies starts attacking your nerves
It will stay with you for life. You will experience decreased mobility at times of a flare up (attack). This may last 24 hours to 4 weeks.
• You may not have symptoms between attacks. (Relapsing, Remitting)
• You may continue to get weak (Primary Progressive) Your symptoms may get worse later in life (Second-ary Progressive)
You may be at a higher risk of getting MS if you
• are a female
• are Caucasian/White
• are between 20-40 years old
• have a relative with MS
• live in British Isles, Germany ,Scandinavia, North America or New Zealand (high-risk areas)
• have lived in a high risk area in the first 13 years of life
• have been exposed to Epstein-Barr virus or herpes virus
He may give medicine to:
• adjust your immunity. These medicines can make your attacks less severe and less frequent. Betaseron, Copaxone, No-vantrone, Tysabri and Gilenya have been approved to change immunity in MS
• help recover from an attack quickly, as by using cortico-steroids.
You may have one or few of these symptoms. You may:
• have double vision
• feel fatigued
• get pins and needles, numbness, or weakness in arms and legs,
• may have less balance sitting , standing and walking
• less control over your movements(ataxia)
• may not have clear speech(slurring)
• not be able to hold my urine(in-con-ti-nence)
• experience muscle stiffness/spasticity
Max Health Physical Therapy at two convenient locations:
1000 Eagle Ridge Dr
Schererville, Indiana 46375
Ph: ( 219) 865-9020
8127 Merrillville Road, Suite 2
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for immediate appointment with one of our highly qualified therapists. We will be happy to give a complementary 10 -15 minute appointment to discuss how our therapists could help you.
Mention you saw us online to receive 10% off your first visit.